About The Play
A play about Transition.
Suitable for years 6-7
A humorous but realistic look into the worries, fears and anxieties of pupils moving from year six to year seven in school. Written after extensive research into the fears and hopes of year six pupils it covers the issues of:
- Having a new form teacher
- Having a different teacher for each subject
- Getting lost around the school
- Understanding your timetable
- Making new friends
- Being the only person going to your new senior school from your primary school
- What to do and who to tell if you, or one of your friends, are bullied
Told through the eyes of two good friends during their transition from primary to senior school and a pupil who is from another area who has not yet made friends. We meet their teachers, mothers and friends and discover their fears of getting lost and “having their heads flushed down the toilet”!
This play can be performed either at the primary school (during year six), at senior school during their primary school intake day on on the first day of term in September.
“I was dead worried about going to senior school but the play has made me feel loads better, I’m not worried at all now because I know what to expect”
Luke Age 11 Pupil, Formby High School
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org