Just 'Ave One
About the Play…
An anti-alcohol and substance misuse play.
Suitable for year 9 – 13
A thought provoking character driven play about drugs and alcohol and the issues that many users face. Covering the issues of;
- Peer pressure
- Substance misuse
- Exploration of the statistics surrounding the number of people raped and sexually attacked whilst under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- Recreational drug use
- The long and short term effects drugs have on the user
- The wider effect drugs have on the user and dealers family and the community as a whole
- How quickly and easily recreational drug use can turn to serious drug addiction
- The unglamorous life of a drug dealer
The story of five friends, the neighborhood drug dealer, the woman who works in the off licence and an old man called Joe. Showing the journey from recreational drug user to drug addict, the sad and miserable life of a drug dealer and the vulnerable situations our young people put themselves in whilst drunk and drugged hanging around on the streets.
Click the play button to preview….
“Real characters – real situations they can relate to. Will have an impact”
– Mrs S. Mahoney. Haydock High School
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org