If You Can't Do The Time…
About the Play…
An play about crime, punishment, gang culture and antisocial behaviour
Suitable for year 9 – 13
Aimed at young offenders and those identified as likely to offend/re-offend. This performance takes a hard-hitting look at the pit falls and consequences of crime. Covering the issues of;
- Peer pressure
- Trying to find respect through violence and intimidation
- Trying to make a better life for yourself and your family, but going about it the wrong way
- How a criminal record can affect the rest of your life.
- Anti-social behavior and the effect on the perpetrator, the victim and the wider community
- Car crime
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Drug dealing
- What life in a young offenders institution is really like
- What life in a prison is really like
- How to change your life for the better
- The consequences of your actions
Covering the lives of several young people, this story is based on the real life experiences of the young people interviewed during the research for this play. This serious story, told in a very real and naturalistic way has comical elements.
Click the play button to preview….
“I’ve never been to the theatre or anything before and I didn’t know what to expect, I thought it was going to be boring, but it was great! It was dead real, just like we really talk and about things that really happen in our lives. It made me understand that what we are doing has an affect on other people.”
– Joanne aged 15, Member of FZY youth club
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to email@example.com