About The Play
A play in preparation for work experience
Suitable for years 10 or 11 (prior to work experience).
A comical play that covers the issues of:
- What to expect in the workplace
- Being prepared to work hard – what are your responsibilities
- Setting personal goals – making the most of your time
- Making a good impression
- The importance of punctuality and attendance
- Acting on feedback and taking notes
- What to wear
- Feeling nerviouse and how to conquer your nerves
- Being polite, friendly and respectful to your co-workers
- What to do in the very unlikely event that a co-worker is nasty to you or says something inappropriate
- What to do once your work experience is over – how build on your success
This play tells the story of three very different school friends during their work experience.The first is over confident and alienates their co-workers, the second is too shy to fully participate, while the third makes the most of every opportunity – even when not everything goes to plan.
“We have used Open the Door for lots of different performances and projects over the last nine years. It is a fantastic and fresh way of delivering very important messages.”
Sonia Cross, Business Education Manager, Broadgreen International School
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to email@example.com