Up In Smoke
About the Play...
An Anti-Smoking Play.
Suitable for years 8 – 11
A no punches pulled play aimed at teenagers. Tackles the very serious issue of smoking. Covering the issues of;
- Contracting cancer,
- Dying from cancer or other smoking related conditions,
- The effects of chemotherapy,
- The effect smoking has on your looks - premature ageing,
- Makes your clothes, house, and breath smell bad,
- Makes you unattractive to the opposite sex,
- Loss of sexual function in men,
- The monetary cost of smoking.
With a narrative theme this play tackles a very serious life threatening issue.
We share the experiences of a teenage girl who loses her beloved grandmother to lung cancer. We then chart her progress as she tries to give up smoking. Honestly depicting the highs and lows of trying to conquer nicotine addiction.
We meet several other characters along the way, the sixty-a-day man who has lost his sexual function, the local Casanova who would do any thing for love, except kiss a girl who stinks of smoke and the teacher who points out that, with the average smoker spending over £84,000 on cigarettes in their life time, smokers are letting their finances as well as their lives go “Up In Smoke”.
Click the play button to preview....
“The play was unbelievable! I didn’t think I would like it. I’ve never seen a play before but it was brilliant. It has really made me think. I have been smoking since I was eleven and now I think I want to stop. It was the question and answer session at the end that got to me, being able to ask the characters questions really helped me learn"
– Mark 14, Anfield Youth Club
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
|Feel free to contact us with any enquiry...|
2 Danescourt Road
Telephone: 0151 228 6445