About the Play...
A play about Eating Disorders and Self-harm
Suitable for year 9 -13
This play tackles the issues of eating disorders and self harm. Covering the issues of;
- Who is affected and how
- Men and eating disorders
- How eating disorders develop
- Some of the reasons why people self harm
- Exploring emotions
- Where to go for advice
Seen through the eyes of three young people from very different backgrounds, this hard hitting play pulls no punches in getting to the reality of how eating disorders and self harm affect young people and their families and friends. A young female anorexic, a male bulimic and a self-harmer are patients in a specialist unit to help them overcome their problem.
Click the play button to preview....
“A very difficult subject was addressed head on. Our young people have benefited greatly from seeing this performance. Stereotypes were challenged and the origins of the characters’ problems were explored. Very thought provoking"
- Danny Roberts Youth Worker, LYS
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
|Feel free to contact us with any enquiry...|
2 Danescourt Road
Telephone: 0151 228 6445