More Than Dreams
About the Project...
A project promoting Higher and Further Education
Aimed at years 9-11
A humorous forum theatre production and workshop.
Covering the issues of;
- The breaking down of stereotypical class barriers to Further and Higher Education,
- Being an individual – not just following your peers,
- University study,
- Not succumbing to other people’s ideas for your life - even if they are in a position of power,
- Valuing your strengths,
- Realising that some relationships and friendships may not continue once you leave home to follow a course of study,
- Not succumbing to negative peer-pressure,
- Having and fulfilling your own dreams,
- Forging your own career or higher education path even if you are the first person in your family to do so.
Some young people may feel that “University is not for the likes of them”. Our performance and workshop seeks to enlighten the pupils. With hard work and determination anyone can succeed at university.
Using focused team building and forum theatre, where the audience is shown a short play in which the central character encounters an oppression or obstacle which she is unable to overcome; (e.g.- negative opinions from family and friends about further and higher education)
After the first showing, with its negative points, the audience “thought shower,” suggesting solutions to the main character’s troubles.
Then the play is performed again, but this time, whenever a negative point occurs the action is stopped and an audience member steps in as the main character to offer a more positive response.
Click the play button to preview....
“The event becomes a kind of theatrical debate, in which experiences and ideas are rehearsed and shared, generating both solidarity and a sense of empowerment for the pupils who are involved”
- - Nadine Baxter-Smallwood (Aim Higher – Cumbria)
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the characters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plans relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Get In Touch
|Feel free to contact us with any enquiry...|
2 Danescourt Road
Telephone: 0151 228 6445