Everyone Else Is Doin' It
About the Play...
A play about teenagers and underage sex, sexual heath, sexually transmitted infections, contraception and the surrounding emotions and myths.
Suitable for year 9 - 13
This play tackles the issues of teenage and underage sex. Covering the issues of;
- Sexually transmitted infections
- How to protect yourself and your partner
- Teenage pregnancy
- That the only way to be sure of not catching a STI or getting pregnant is to not have sex
- Not being afraid to say no and wait until the right time
- Dispelling the myth that boys are always the driving force in initiating sex
- Exploring the emotions surrounding first time sex
- Where to go for advice about contraception and STI testing
- What to do it you are pregnant and the options available
- What to do it you suspect you have a STI
- Dispelling the myths surrounding sex, pregnancy and STI’s
With a Brechtian approach this play is sketch driven, using the conventions of monologue, duologue, documentary, game show and chat show, this play tackles a very serious issue in a darkly comic way. In seven isolated scenes we meet every one from “Ann Robinson” in “The Weakest Myth” and “Chris Tarrant“ in “Who Wants To Be Infected” to a pregnant fourteen year old and a sixteen year old boy who wants to wait until he finds some one he loves…or at least likes before he has sex.
Click the play button to preview....
“Very informative about STIs. I think a lot of questions were answered about things that young people would normally feel too embarrassed to ask about”
- Jenny Tucker Youth Worker, The Place Mobile Project
- An hour long performance comprising of; An introduction to theatre in education, the play, a question and answer session with the charters and a brief evaluation
- Six sessions of supporting education materials and lesson plays relevant to the specific topic
- A bound report containing the statistical analysis gathered from our evaluation. This can be presented to OFSTED as evidence of a measurable outcome.
Please note all prices are subject to an additional 40p per mile travel expenses charge (excluding the first and last forty miles).
For more information or to book please call us on 0151 228 6445 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In Touch
|Feel free to contact us with any enquiry...|
2 Danescourt Road
Telephone: 0151 228 6445